Social Sciences Division

Frequently Asked Questions Puzzled?!? - Get your answers here!

How do I declare a major?

Students can pick up a Program Information Form (PIF) either from the Division office, Registrar’s office or download from the registrar’s website.

Students need to complete the top portion, select their major, and sign at the bottom. Once completed, the form should be submitted to the Social Science Division, SPH 101A, fax (208-792-2571) or by mail; Lewis Clark State College, Social Science; 500 8th Avenue, Lewiston, ID 83501

How do I get an advisor?

The PIF that you filled out to declare your major is also used to assign you an advisor. Follow the steps for declaring your major. Once received, the Social Science Division will assign you an advisor. You will need to contact your advisor prior to registration each semester for advising and to get released.

How do I know who my advisor is?

Log into WarriorWeb and select “My ID and Advisor Name” in the Student menu, if you have no advisor listed follow the steps for declaring your major.

How do I register for classes?

After you have met with your advisor and they have released you but still are unsure of this process visit the Registrar’s guide. If you are still having difficulty, contact your advisor or the Registrar’s Office for assistance.

When should I start my online class or log in?

Due to the new financial aid regulations it is extremely important that you log in the first day of the semester. It is recommended to read through the syllabus for your class at this time. Most instructors will have a detailed calendar included in the course menu or syllabus. For additional online learning resources, be sure to review the Distance Learning website.

Where are the Professor’s mailboxes?

The professor mailboxes are located in their Division Office, for Social Science faculty they are in SPH 101A.

Is there a copy machine the students can use?

You may use the copy machines in the Library. Copying is also available at the campus copy center located in Sam Glen Complex, 104.

Where is there a phone the students can use?

There is one courtesy phone in the Student Union (across from the Information Desk) and another in Reid Centennial Hall. There is also a pay phone on the first floor of MLH.

How can I make an appointment with an instructor?

Each instructor keeps his/her own calendar. Check the instructor’s office hours and contact information, which are posted on his/her office door. The Division’s web page for faculty/staff also has contact information.

How will I get my grades?

Grades can be accessed from WarriorWeb.

Why do I need to use my LCMAIL account?

Although you probably have a personal email account, there is really no way for us to verify with whom we are corresponding. LCSC requires all students to use their LCMAIL accounts as a means of electronic communication.

The fact that the student’s name appears in the “from” header in the email indicates an electronic signature.

Do you have any scholarships available?

LCSC offers several scholarships especially dedicated to students studying Social Work and Social Sciences or Political Science. 

If you have further questions, do not hesitate to come by our Division Office in Spalding Hall 101A or call Amy Bond, our Administrative Staff person, at 208-792-2291.