Need to Conduct a Survey?
Qualtrics is our supported survey tool for collecting data for academic, administrative, and research-related purposes.
Getting Started with Qualtrics?
Qualtrics is available to all current LC State faculty, staff, and students when supervised by staff or faculty.
Helpful Guide for New Users
**If you are surveying our LC State community (prospective students, current students, alumni, faculty, staff, and administrators), you must submit your project (see the LC State Survey Policy for more details). If you are surveying people that are not affiliated with the college, you do not need to submit your survey.
Guidelines: Collecting Data from LC State Students, Staff, and Faculty
- Participation – Respondents must be free from coercion. Author(s) must notify the respondents that their participation is voluntary and they are free to skip questions or opt-out without penalty.
- Disclosure – If identifying information needs to be collected and permission has been given, the author(s) must explicitly state so, as to not give the impression that the data collected will ensure anonymity. Respondents must be told in advance if data collected will not be anonymous.
- Confidentiality and Privacy - Respondents must be protected from the risk of unreasonable harm, including any risks regarding confidentiality or privacy.
- Results Distribution – Respondents should be informed if the data or results will be published or distributed, including whether individual responses will appear in the published results.
- Contact Person – Every project collecting data must include the contact information (name, email address, telephone number) of the author(s) should the respondents have any questions about the content or the use and/or publication of results. Individuals or groups shall not claim to officially represent the college itself in an official capacity.
Distribution – Due to the high volume of projects administered to collect data from the LC State community, it is prohibited to distribute projects of data collection without submitting the project to the Office of Institutional Research and Effectiveness.
Use of Qualtrics should adhere to college policy:
LC State community members engaging in survey research should familiarize themselves with LC State Institutional Review Board policies.