Get Admitted to College and Start with Bridge Pathway
With conditional admission you are admitted into a bachelor or associate program with the condition that you are admitted into LCSC's Bridge Program. Once you have completed the Bridge Program, you meet the language requirements for college.
Conditional Admission Requirements
- Exchange college students APRIL 15
- Degree seeking college students JULY 1
- Exchange college students OCTOBER 15
- Degree seeking college students DECEMBER 1
Please note that waiting to apply one month before the start date of your program is risky. Residence halls fill quickly. It is also not uncommon to experience delays when applying for a passport or visa. IPO recommends that you apply early. You can apply for a visa up to four months prior to your program start date.
- Fill out the online application
- Pay the application fee. This fee is non-refundable and is used to process your request.
- Send a copy of your passport.
- Send official school transcripts/records. An official transcript is usually sent directly from the high school or university. If the transcript is hand delivered to LCSC, make sure that it is still in a sealed envelope.
Students must show evidence of secondary (high school) school completion or the equivalent.
Students must show at least a 2.0 Grade Point Average (GPA) on a 4.0 scale from a secondary (high school) or post-secondary (college or university) institution. Students with more than 14 transferable post-secondary credits do not need to show secondary transcripts.
Some applicants will be required to submit their original transcripts to an outside evaluation agency. Contact us for more information. This determination will be made by the admissions team at their discretion. Students will be responsible to pay for the transcript evaluation.
- Meet our English proficiency requirements by submitting an official test score. Students must meet language requirements for the Bridge Pathway Program for conditional admission.
All documents listed above should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition to submitting documents for your admission file, please submit the following for I-20 purposes:
- Send a bank statement showing funds available for study. Send Certificate of Financial Responsibility (CFR).
- Schedule and pay for a waybill through eshipglobal to receive your official acceptance letter and I-20.
- Communicate your housing preference to IPO at email@example.com.
- Once you have your visa send us a copy and will send you a subscription to one free month of Dyned, our online language learning tool.
- Obtain LCSC-approved health insurance.
Documents listed under 'Additional Steps' should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The International Programs Office will issue an I-20 after all steps under Admission and the first two bullets under Additional Steps have been completed. Allow 5 business days for processing.
To transfer to Lewis-Clark State College from another school in the United States, please have your current school fill out our Transfer Form and send it to email@example.com. Also send official transcripts from your previous college or language school. An official transcript is usually send directly from the school. If the transcript is hand carried to LCSC, make sure that it is still in a sealed envelope.