Concurrent Enrollment allows a student to enroll in both Lewis-Clark State College and North Idaho College at the same time and combine their credits to receive the maximum amount of financial aid. To receive your financial aid through Concurrent Enrollment you will want to be sure and follow the following steps.
Click here for a printable version Concurrently Enrolled with North Idaho College
- Federal aid may only be disbursed through one institution per semester. If you are concurrently enrolled with NIC, LC State is the home institution and your financial aid will be administered by LC State.
- Apply for admission and submit a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) by March 1 to be considered for the maximum amount of LC State financial aid. LC State’s FAFSA school code is 001621.
- Your NIC and LC State credits will be combined to calculate enrollment but you must have at least 6 credits from LC State to receive financial aid from LC State. Students who qualify for institutionally-funded scholarships from LC State must be enrolled in a minimum of 12 LC State credits.
- Complete a Concurrent Enrollment Form (obtained from NIC Registrar’s Office) and submit to NIC Registrar’s Office after you have registered for NIC courses (see below).
Registration at NIC
- If you are new to NIC, the first semester you attend NIC, you must meet with an NIC advisor before registering for classes.
- Registration dates vary per semester, but general Summer/Fall registration begins in April and Spring registration begins in November.
- You can view the NIC class schedule and register for classes on-line at www.nic.edu/schedules.
Paying your Fees
- Please note that concurrently enrolled students are required to pay fees to NIC and LC State separately.
- LC State tuition and fees will be paid prior to any disbursements. Residual funds will be available to pay your NIC fees.
- LC State fees can be paid at the Cashier’s Window, outside the Controller's Office, or on WarriorWeb. They must be paid by the 5th day of classes (for Fall and Spring semesters). Please contact NIC to find out their fee payment deadline and payment options.
- If you need to defer your fees at NIC before the start of a given term, you may submit a copy of your accepted, signed LC State Award Letter to the NIC Business Office. Your financial aid award must be sufficient to cover your LC State and your NIC costs. If your financial aid is insufficient to pay your NIC tuition, you will be responsible for paying the difference in accordance with NIC’s published dates and policies.
- NIC's Registrar's Office will notify the LC State Financial Aid Office of NIC attendance after NIC's tenth day of school.
- If NIC's Registrar's Office could not confirm your attendance, Professors at NIC will need to confirm it via an email to email@example.com before funds are posted to your Student Account.
- LC State tuition and fees will be paid prior to any disbursements.
Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
- You must successfully pass at least 6 credits at LC State in order to remain in compliance with SAP.
- You must maintain a minimum 2.0 grade point average.
- You must earn passing grades in at least 67% of the credits listed on your transcript.
At the end of the final concurrently enrolled semester with nic
- Make sure you order an official NIC transcript and have it sent to the LC State Registrar’s Office. The transcript request form can be found at www.nic.edu/registrar
- Remember your signature and payment is ALWAYS required to release your transcript.