CORONAVIRUS COVID-19 - Information
LC State is closely monitoring the outbreak of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19). Please refer to the LC State Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) update page for the most current information.
Remote Delivery of Courses in Canvas
For remote delivery of an online course, it is best practice to use the Learning Management System (LMS). e-Learning Services has resources to help faculty:
- Courses will be taught in Canvas.
- If you are unfamiliar with accessing Canvas, visit our Accessing Canvas page.
- All faculty are currently enrolled in "Access for All" which is a training course that explains how to make all your content in an online course be assessible to all students using the principals of UDL.
- Online lectures or live office hours can be conducted using BigBlueButton or Zoom.
- Contact your assigned Instructional Designer for assistance using these tools or visit the eLS-Video-Conferences course in Canvas.
- Testing options for remote delivery
- Skip the cut and paste!! If you need an exam you have formatted in Word uploaded to Canvas, please contact your Instructional Designer. e-Learning has Respondus 4.0 that takes text-based documents and uploads them to the LMS.
- LCSC now has access to use Respondus Monitor. Please contact your Instructional Designer or the LCSC Testing Center for details if you are unfamiliar with the tool.
- The LCSC Testing Center is currently open with restricted access.
The e-Learning Services Team is available to offer assistance remotely or in person (following strict social distancing protocol).